Gili Islands are a group of islands located in north Lombok. There are three islands that are close to each other, Gili Trawangan, Meno, and Gili Air. These islands are only accessed by boat from Lombok, Bali, Nusa Penida, and Nusa Lembongan.
At the moment, the best transportation from Bali to Gili Islands is the fast boat to Gili. Fast boats from Bali to Gili operate daily from Padang Bai, Sanur, and Serangan. You can choose to start your trip to Gili from these three harbors. If you stay in south Bali, the best option is to use the bot that departs from Serangan or Sanur. Meanwhile, if you stay in North Bali, you can use the fast boat from Padang Bai to Gili.
Most of the fast boat to Gili Trawangan is scheduled to depart in the morning from Bali. However, some of the fast boats from Padang Bai have a schedule in the afternoon. In the peak season, they only have a one-time departure in the morning.
The ticket price for a speed boat to Gili provides free hotel transfers from Kuta, Legian, Sanur, Ubud, and Seminyak. If you stay outside of these areas, you need to pay extra costs for hotel transfers. The price for extra transfers is depending on the location of your hotel or places your stay.
Recommended Fast Boat Operators from Bali to Gili
For those who want to travel to Gili, you can choose to book the following recommendation fast boat:
- Gili Gili Fast Boat is a comfortable fast boat transfer from Bali. The boat departs daily from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan and Gili Air. Gili Fast Boat departs at 09.00 am from Padang Bai and will arrive at 10.30 am. So the estimated travel time is 1 1/2 hours to get to Gili Trawangan.
- Golden Queen Fast Boat is a fast boat that departs from Padang Bai to Gili Islands. Golden Queen is scheduled to depart at 09.30 am from Padang Bai. It will arrive at 11.00 am on Gili Trawangan.
- Wahana Gili Ocean fast Boat from Padang Bai. This boat has a capacity of 180 passengers and it has an air conditioning room with comfortable seats. Wahana Gili Ocean is one of the best recommendations for fast boats to Gili Islands.
- Scoot Fast Cruises boat departs from Sanur to Gili Trawangan, Meno, and Gili Air. This is a catamaran boat with a capacity of 50 passengers. They also have another boat with a capacity of 100 passengers. This boat to Gili will make a stopover in Nusa Lembongan before continuing to Gili Islands.
- BlueWater Express is the fast boat to Gili Air, Meno, and Gili Trawangan. This boat is the longest-running from Bali to Gili. It departs from Serangan every day at 08.00 am.
Those are all the recommended transportation to get to Gili Islands. If you want to book the ticket and see the details, you can visit the fast boat to Gili Islands from the Bali page. There are also other destinations for fast boat transfers, you can choose to go to Lombok, Nusa Penida, and Lembongan.